What is Overeaters Anonymous?
Overeaters Anonymous is a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive eating. We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively.
There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues.
Is Overeaters Anonymous for me?
Please see the video below, take the time to look over our information, contact us with any questions, and if you think you may be one of us please attend a meeting. See our meetings list for times and directions and feel free to call our meeting contact person for more details or with any questions. You can also email us at OA questions.
What is Utah Soaring Intergroup?
Utah Soaring Intergroup performs the following tasks for the members and groups in the state:
- Publishing a monthly newsletter to keep the membership informed about the groups and about upcoming OA events, distributing up-to-date directories of all nearby meetings and other information.
- Maintaining a website to keep the membership informed about meetings and events and informing the general public of the purpose of OA.
- Maintaining the OA listings in the local telephone books, handling telephone and mail inquiries and routing them to local groups.
- Sponsoring and arranging workshops, retreats, conventions, and other events for the membership.
- Handling public information requests from local news media, arranging radio or TV spot announcements or programs about OA, and furnishing OA speakers for outside organizations.
- Raising funds and sending delegates to the regional assemblies and the World Service Conference, OA’s annual business meeting. Here the delegates listen, take notes, vote and bring back the information to the Intergroup.
- Maintaining committees to help such as Hotline, Young People, Lifeline, Newsletter, Sponsorship, Twelfth Step Within, etc.
- Helping to find sponsors for new members.
Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer.
We are fortunate to have a fantastic Intergroup. We work together, we have fun, we love each other and we love Overeaters Anonymous. Come join us help the compulsive eater who still suffers. (See Meetings for schedule and location.)
A Meeting on the Go...
The Overeaters Anonymous organization publishes an extremely useful international monthly magazine which serves as an indispensable "meeting-on-the-go." Since 1962, when the first issue debuted as the OA Bulletin, Lifeline has offered encouragement and hope to thousands of readers. Tucked in a purse, a suitcoat pocket or a lunch bag, Lifeline accompanies members around the world, ready to provide inspiration and support when needed. For more information, go to Lifeline Magazine.
Utah Soaring Intergroup
PO Box 65035
Salt Lake City, UT 84165